Someone Else's EOTO Presentation

 Google & First Camera Phone





I learned about many aspects of communication technology from the Google presentation by Sydney. The presentation was held on 2/11/2021 for my Media Law and Literacy class. I was interested in the history behind the naming of Google. I thought it was interesting to learn that Google’s name comes from the mathematical expression of the number 1 followed by 100 zeroes. It was cool to discover that Gmail was launched in 2004 as it’s such a popular email still used in 2021. 

Another fact that I learned during Sydney’s presentation on Google was that when you scroll all the way down on the page, you see numbers 1 through 10 and those are other websites you can go to in order to get the information you need. This was a neat fact to learn about how they named Google. I also think it’s fascinating that they rented out a garage so that they could work on the program from there. I love using Google because it is easy to access and find different kinds of information when you need it. When it came time for Spencer to present, he spoke about camera phones. Camera Phones developed more in the 21st century. 

1999 is when the first camera phone came out (Kyocera Visual Phone VP-210) in Japan. In my personal experience with camera phones, I use mine to take photos and some videos to remember memories. I have an Iphone 12 and the camera quality is amazing. Having one of the latest Iphone models, I am able to use it to go on online classes, connect to my social media platforms, and schedule flights to go back home.





Comments